My name is Shawn "The Job Hunt Ninja" Nelson. My early challenges in school helped me to transform my life to positively impact the lives of thousands of people around the world.
I was able to weather the tumultuous storms of life and turn what would normally be negative experiences into positive learning experiences.
It is my ability to see the good in everything that has allowed me to identify patterns that most people overlook that could benefit them.
I have a Bachelor’s in Human Services and a Masters in Administration from Metropolitan College of New York. I also have over 31-years experience helping various at-risk populations to improve their standard of living by learning the ins and outs of obtaining a job.
In addition, I have 20-years as a Technology Instructor, 12-years teaching at various colleges in NYC, over 17-years experience in Internet Marketing, and 15-years as a Career Coach and Advisor.
Throughout this journey, my focus has always been on helping people to achieve their personal, professional, career and educational goals.
Here are some of my most requested career and personal development training's:
- How to defeat failure - this is a great topic for churches who need to get their congregation either back to work or to improve their ability to get better jobs.
- How to get a job when you have no experience - specifically designed for people either new to the world of work or those returning who need to effectively demonstrate the knowledge and skills they bring to the table that is often overlooked.
- How to get a job when you have been out of work for a while - there are very specific strategies one must use to overcome this barrier and to present the best you to an employer to get a job.
- How to get a mini interview on the spot - with the advent of online applications and assessments people often forget that the human factor is still prevalent in the process although only on the tail end. I show you how to make it happen on the front end to increase the likelihood that you get noticed and get an interviews.
- How to answer any interview question - comping up with your unique answer to interview questions is easier than you think. Using a simple framework, you will never stumble for answers again and you will not sound like everyone else.
- How to prepare for a job interview - there is process I walk people through that gets them mentally prepared to tackle the job hunt process. It's simply yet very effective and can mean the different between getting hired or not.
- How to create an effective resume - your resume represents you when you are not there. Done right and it will do its job. Done wrong and you get no phone calls or very little. I show you how to get employers to contact you using a simple process that explains what is needed to create an effective resume. And much, much more
It is my hope that each person to take my training or use any of my services will walk away prepared, inspired and ready to tackle the challenges and obstacles preventing them from improving their life and reaching their career goals.